Sunday, July 27, 2008

Broadbent Family Reunion

For the week of 4th of July, our family flew to Missouri for Rebecca's family reunion. It was fun tiring, and HOT. Being a CA boy, I am sure not cut out for the humidity, but it sure was green. Gas prices were cheap, relatively speaking, and there are plenty of bugs around. Here are a few of the photos I took while we are there highlighting the trip. The cousins sure had a blast with each other as you can tell from the photos. Thanks to those in MO that helped organize this event, especially Emily and Cammie. Thanks to the Ben Broadbent family for putting up with us in their house. Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma and Uncle Jesse and Aunt Emily for being the host houses and putting up with the army of kids that took over their houses. I know that they didn't leave them any cleaner. Also, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for paying for the super activities, we enjoyed going on them.

One of the kids favorite things was to run and roll down the hill behind Uncle Jesse and Aunt Emily's house.

Here is a video of Little Jesse trying it out.




These are the kinds of fireworks you can buy in Missouri! For a pyro like me, it is like Christmas. I didn't even have to worry about running from the cops. This was our grand finale, but there was plenty where this came from. Funny that the kids just prefer to play with sparklers than to watch the show. I don't think the fathers cared if there was an audience.

Here is a little sample of the show. Photo work by Big Jesse.




Some of the parents took the kids fishing. It was hot and only the true fisherman were catching anything worthwhile, but I think the kids had fun. With catches like these, there was no need to buy dinner.

The family went to six flags and spent most of the day at the water park portion. Needless to say 92 is not the same there as in Folsom. I admit, I am a wimp when it comes to humidity. After we went to Steak N Shake for dinner, a few of us went back with the older kids to do some rides. Here is one of my favorite shots of ALL TIME. I love the looks on the kids face.

On the way out of the park, we got a chance to hang out with the characters and get some photos. Here is Aunt Cammie and I along with Cecilee, (going clockwise), Jeremiah, Chloe, Porter, Blake and Brigham.

Here is the watermelon crew.

Here is Jesse getting some time with Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Steven.

Here is Uncle Ben with daughter Ali, nephew Garrison and Little J. I call him the baby whisperer.

I think Garrison could fit one more finger in there if he tried. This is Aunt Miriam's oldest. He is a little character.

This is towards the end of our stay. I think we finally wore their batteries out. Here is Quinn and Jesse sharing some nap time together.

He is so tired the thumb isn't even staying in.

No comments: